Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Do you back up all of your business-critical data?
- Do you know that you actually have a backup of your data?
- Do you know if you can restore your data backup successfully?
- Do you have a risk plan in place to keep your business running if disaster strikes?
If you answered no, or even I don’t know to any of the above questions, you need to call Citcom on 02 8859 8266 to identify the right business continuity solution for your business
All businesses should have a plan in place to keep operating, in the event of catastrophe eg: cyberattack, theft, natural disaster or pandemic.
By not having a plan in place that is well planned, monitored, reviewed and tested at least on an annual basis, you risk being able to get your business back up and running again – think of this as an additional insurance policy for your business.
One part of a business continuity plan (BCP) is having a data back up solution in place.
Key things are to ensure your back up is;
- Covers all business-critical data including cloud data such as Microsoft 365, Google Workspace emails and files,
- Multiple copies are available and at least one copy is stored offsite.
Business Continuity Planning
Other factors to consider in your risk planning is;
- What threats could impact your business?
- Who is going to responsible to manage and communicate your BCP?
- How and where your staff will be working?
- How to access your business systems, data and critical equipment?
The cost of not having a recovery plan in place will be:
- Staff costs – both of down time and manual recovery of lost data
- Operational costs – lost sales while you business is shut down
- Reputational cost – will you lose customers and suppliers because of lengthy shutdown?
If your current I.T. strategy does not have a solid I.T. recovery plan and broader business strategy in place to keep your business up and running, contact Citcom on 02 8859 8266.
You have invested a lot of time, effort and money into setting up your business and your business technology – KEEP IT RUNNING!